Alcoholic drinks have been a part of different cultures around the world, and there are thousands of them, being developed in unique ways and from varied items to give them distinct tastes. To make things more interesting, cocktails and shots were developed. With this in mind, what is the appeal of cocktails and shots?
Cocktails are delicious, and have a visual appeal, particularly enjoyed by those who cannot handle the strong punch and pungent taste of alcohol.There are also some shot mixes, so that the taste of alcohol doesn’t last in the mouth. But at one point, the bartenders probably got bored of serving the same items, and decided to do something special and original.
And with this, the result was a host of shots that look, taste and feel weird. In this review guide, we are going to introduce you to the world of 9 unusual bar shots. We’ll let you decide whether you want to have them.
As far as the origin of the Porn Star cocktail (sometimes spelled as the Pornstar cocktail) is concerned, it was created by the co-founder of “Lab in Soho” and “Townhouse” in Knightsbridge. The creator’s intent was to make a shot that when done properly, would allow bars to become environments where one can be bold, sexy and playful.
The Pornstar drink was created in 2005. In regards to ingredients, the Pornstar mixed drink recipe includes vanilla vodka, passion fruit liqueur, passionfruit pureé, and prosecco. The drink is also garnished with passion fruit for a little extra cocktail sexiness.
Porn Star Shot
2 oz. (60ml) Vanilla Vodka
1 oz. (30ml) Passion Fruit Liqueur
1/2 oz. (15ml) Passion Fruit Puree
Garnish: Passion Fruit
1. Cut passion fruit in half. Scoop out the seeds from one half into the base of the glass and add ice.
2. Add vanilla vodka, passion fruit liqueur and passion fruit puree. Shake well to mix.
3. Strain mix into martini glass and garnish with half a passionfruit.
4. Fill a shot glass with prosecco and sip in turn with the cocktail.
Grape Ape Shots
This drink is made with Razzmatazz liqueur and grape vodka, and it is sure to please your taste buds.
The Grape Ape Shot is perfect for parties, and it can be easily made in just a few minutes. So gather your ingredients and get ready to make some memories!
What is a Grape Ape Shot?
As mentioned, the Grape Ape Shot is a drink made with Razzmatazz liqueur and grape vodka. It is usually served in a shot glass or small cocktail glass, and it has a sweet and fruity flavor.
How Does a Grape Ape Shot Taste?
This is a sweet and fruity drink that is sure to please your taste buds. Grape is the main flavor in this drink from the vodka, and it is balanced out by the sweetness of the raspberry Razzmatazz liqueur.
Grape Ape Drink Ingredients:
- Razzmatazz liqueur – This is a raspberry flavored liqueur that is sweet and delicious made by DeKuyper .
- Grape vodka – Rather than normal vodka, grape flavored vodka is the perfect way to add some sweetness and fruitiness to this drink.
- Sweet and Sour Mix – We recommend this Sweet and Sour Mix.
- Lemon Lime Soda (Sprite or 7UP)
Bar Tools Needed
- Cocktail Shaker – A cocktail shaker is a must have bar tool for any cocktail enthusiast.
- Jigger – A cocktail jigger is a tool used to measure out the perfect amount of liquor for your drinks. Unless you are a professional bartender, we recommend you use a jigger to ensure the proper amounts of ingredients are poured.
- Shot Glass
Panty Dropper Shot
As far as this Liquid Panty Dropper punch is concerned, the recipe calls for vodka, gin, coconut rum, Peach Schnapps, Triple Sec, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice. It’s topped off and garnished with an orange twist and some orange juice.
Liquid Panty Dropper
1/2 oz. (15ml) Vodka
1/2 oz. (15ml) Gin
1/2 oz. (15ml) Coconut Rum
1/2 oz. (15ml) Peach Schnapps
1/4 oz. (7.5ml) Triple Sec
2 Splashes Cranberry Juice
2 Splashes Pineapple Juice
Top with Orange Juice
Garnish: Orange Twist
1. Fill a Collins glass with ice.
2. Add all ingredients. Garnish with orange twist. Enjoy!
Blue Balls Shots
The blue balls shot is made with these ingredients: Blue Curacao liqueur, Malibu coconut rum, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix, Sprite soda. Also noteworthy to keep in mind, even though a drink can be made in any proportion, if your shot totals more than an ounce, people tend to have problems shooting it. So try to keep the Blue Balls below 1 oz.
Many people call this the Shooter Rule, and it’s one of those unwritten rules. Check out the ingredients and instructions below to learn how to make your Blue Balls drink, then finally enjoy this awesome mixed drink.
Blue Balls Shot
1/2 oz. (15ml) Coconut Rum
1/2 oz. (15ml) Blue Curaçao
1/2 oz. (15ml) Peach Schnapps
1/4 oz. (7ml) Sweet & Sour
Splash of Lemon Lime Soda
1. In a shaking glass with ice, combine coconut rum, peach schnapps, and blue curaçao. Add Sweet n sour mix and shake well.
2. Strain mix into shot glass and top with a splash of lemon lime soda.
3. Garnish with a strawberry.
There’s more than one recipe for a Gatorade Cocktail out there. Some are so named because they involve energy drinks, and therefore give you the effect of the drink. This one is so named for tasting a little like it. It will for sure not give you energy like a Gatorade. If you’re a lightweight, a couple of them might even knock you out.
The major flavors here are melon and orange, with some sweet and sour to blend them together.
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Midori
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounce sweet and sour
Combine everything in a shaker with a handful of ice cubes and shake well. Strain into a chilled rocks glass, garnish with an orange slice and serve.
Cactus Cooler Shot
Are you looking for a fun new drink to enjoy at a party? Maybe you want to liven up your pre-drinks before a night out? Or even just have a nice drink at the end of a long week.
No matter what the occasion, a Cactus Cooler bomb is a tasty and easy-to-make drink that is sure to make a splash.
But first of all, what is a Cactus Cooler shot? Well, it’s a shot that’s dropped into a larger glass of energy drink, which is then drunk all at once. Similar to a Jägerbomb, but without the harsh taste, a Cactus Cooler is a sweet and refreshing drink that won’t only get a “Wow!”, but also plenty of requests for “just one more?”
Like most drinks, there are plenty of ways to change it up to your liking. If you aren’t the biggest fan of an ingredient, or if you want to give it your own twist, feel free to play around with the recipe a bit.
For example, if you want an alcohol-free version for yourself or your kids, you can replace the mandarin vodka with more orange juice, and the peach schnapps with some pineapple juice. This keeps the refreshing fruity flavor while keeping your drink alcohol-free.
Or, as previously mentioned, you can top up the rest of your glass with lemonade. This means you don’t have to take it as a shot and can savor it at your leisure.
In fact, the lemonade doesn’t need to be an extra – you can skip the bomb aspect of this shot and enjoy it as a delicious cocktail. Just mix the ingredients together in the glass or cocktail shaker. Just make sure to stir instead of shake – with the carbonated drinks involved you could end up making a mess that really isn’t easy to clean up.
Dessert shooters don’t get much better than the insanely popular Apple Sauce Shots. These wild little cinnamon whiskey shots combine Fireball, Apple Pucker, pineapple juice, and hard cider, and are rimmed with caramel syrup and Graham crackers for extra bites of dessert cocktail deliciousness.
Apple Sauce Shots
1/2 oz. (15ml) Fireball
1/2 oz. (15ml) Apple Pucker
1/2 oz. (15ml) Pineapple Juice
1/2 oz. (15ml) Hard Apple Cider
Rim: Caramel Syrup, Graham Crackers
1. Rim the edge of a shot glass using caramel syrup and graham cracker crumbs.
2. In a shaker with ice, combine fireball, apple pucker, pineapple juice, and hard apple cider. Shake well.
3. Strain mix into prepared shot glass.
Chuck Norris Shot
Chuck Norris is a shot mixed with one part Bourbon, one part 151, and as much Tabasco as you want. You lick off the tabasco and take another shot after adding a few more dashes of it to your hand. To honor Chuck Norris, drink this and teach your local bar how to make a quality Chuck Norris shot.
- 0.75 oz Vodka
- 0.75 oz Grenadine syrup
- 0.15 oz Red tabasco sauce
Steps to Make Chuck Norris Shot Recipe
- Pour 0.75 oz of grenadine syrup into a shot glass
- Use a bar spoon to carefully layer on 0.75 oz of vodka
- Add 4-5 drops of red Tabasco sauce
Wonder Woman Shot
The Wonder Woman shot is a delicious cocktail that combines vodka, limoncello, and grenadine. If you like White Gummy Bear Shots, check this one out.
- Blue Raspberry Vodka
- Peach Vodka
- Pour grenadine into the base of a shot glass and use the back of a spoon to layer on limoncello.
- Layer on blue raspberry vodka and top with a layer of peach vodka.